The Shapeshifters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shapeshifters Forums

New worlds await you...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sideways Before

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Number of posts : 3569
Activities : Admin
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Registration date : 2008-10-24

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:05 am

In hopes of both making my story better and getting me back to the forums, this RPG is just for mainly Seth and me, featuring both our mainly used characters as well as some of the others that pop up here and there in the RPGs, such as Rikko and Darren, and Seth's friend's Skipper and Rusty and Co.

Pretty much, we're going back in time on the world of Earth before Drey "officially" meets Kira, before Kira knew anything about the existance of dragons. Only instead of following my storyline where Drey meet's Seth LONG after this, Seth and his friends are already living on this world, and meet Drey here.

Anyways, Seth, I don't really have a starting post yet, but if you want to go ahead and post something on this, go right ahead. The setting is in nighttime Tendura City, and go ahead and be creative with scenery description and stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://stormforums.friendhood.net
Fiera de Muerte
Ruler of Creation and Destruction
Fiera de Muerte

Male
Number of posts : 5109
Location : In Kropiecta talkin' to you all, where else would I be?
Activities : Main Admin
Admin
Top Poster
Role Play Creator
Role Player
Writing Club Member
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:23 pm

OOC: Okay, I'll begin, since I kind of had a starting point written down already.

My violet-red eyes scanned the many restaurants and shops of Tendura City. Most of them were closed, since it was midnight of course, which was also my favorite time to strike. As I sat upon the roof of one of the tallest buildings, I sensed about three figures slink quietly towards me. I did not face them nor flinch, for I knew they were allies.
"Boss, we're ready whenever you are." a deep and rough voice announced.
At that I turned and faced the one who spoke, and smiled. "You don't have to tell me twice." I looked at each in turn, then flicked an ear as a sign to follow. Then, as silent as the night itself, we slinked off the building the way we always came, and headed for our destination.

Last edited by Fiera De Muerte on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:44 pm

The moon was high in the night and a small breeze cooled the tops of the building of Tendura City. It was a quiet night, a calm night. Just like that one night.
I closed my eyes and sighed, letting the breeze wash over through my hair and the crevices of my clothes. It tingled against my skin, refreshed. I need to stay focus; it's my turn to watch the city tonight.
I spanned my senses out, searching for any kind of destubances, unnatural or not, ignoring the normal day-to-day ones I was not allowed to interfere with. I know from person experience it does no good in the long run. So far, nothing out of the ordinary.
Until I caught sight of a creature not natural-born of this world. There were more like him, and they were gathering together and moving towards a purpose.
Without a second thought and leapt from the turrent I had been perched on and fell to the ground, rebounding off a building wall and zigzagging my way silently towards the group, making no more noise than a shadow, appearing as if nothing but a shadow, and cutting off the aura I was giving off.
I landed on a flag pole set in the shadows, just above the area where the creatures were moving. Leading the group was a wolf as black as midnight.
Back to top Go down
Fiera de Muerte
Fiera de Muerte

Male
Admin
Top Poster
Role Play Creator
Role Player
Writing Club Member

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:37 pm

As we approached our target, I flicked my ear yet again, and in response, two of my comrades ran ahead and helped each other to get onto one of the windowsills. I was already at the door once they had given me the "all clear" signal, and I immediatley unsheathed my claws and set to work at picking the lock.
I was in within ten seconds, and within another five minutes, I had already rounded up the stolen items in a bag and handed it off to the one who spoke to me earlier. My friends all ran off and scattered, and I then went my own way as well, just in case we were being followed. We had done this many times before, and I knew that we would all meet back up in our usual alleyway. No one else knew how we did it, or that we could even turn into wolves. All they knew was that a group of people stole food every night, but the humans could never understand why.
We only did it to survive, but I knew very well that these humans could never understand that.
And as I traveled back to our usual spot, I had this unshakable feeling that I was being followed.

Last edited by Fiera De Muerte on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:20 am

I followed pure black wolf, watching for the moment. His movement said he was aware of my presence but couldn't tell for sure. I wanted to know what he and his friends were doing with that bag of food before I decided anything.
Back to top Go down
Fiera de Muerte
Fiera de Muerte

Male
Admin
Top Poster
Role Play Creator
Role Player
Writing Club Member

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:07 am

OOC: It's okay. Very Happy

As I reached our usual spot, the other three had already started digging in. The one who took the food, a silver wolf, looked up at me as I approached, his golden eyes glowing in what little moonlight there was.
"There isn't enough for all of us. Here," he growled, scooting a 5-inch piece of raw salmon towards me.
I lowered my ears and scooted it back towards him. "No, if there isn't that much for me, then have the rest."
The youngest of our group, who was a reddish-brown wolf, looked up from his meal. "But Seth, you always do that if there isn't enough. C'mon, we saved it for you."
Leaping onto a nearby trash can, my eyes met all of theirs. "No, Rusty. You know I'd risk everything to make sure you guys survived."
"Boss, please, just-"
"No, Zanzibar. You know arguing with me about this again is pointless. Your stomachs are full, that's all that matters to me. Now get some sleep," I snapped at the silver wolf. They all obeyed, and I watched the stars until sleep came and took me away, with that feeling of someone watching still nagging in my gut.

Last edited by Fiera De Muerte on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:49 am

OOC: I now has the perfect picture to show just how crazy Drey can get, and I made it myself (using the previous avatar as a base image)
Spoiler:

The moment they all fell asleep I left; they were just scavenging for food, even if it was stealing. I couldn't help the tinge of sorrow for them; I could understand what it was like to starve well, and much as I wanted to help them I have to leave them be.
I climbed back to the roof tops, patrolling through the city as silent as the wind. Nothing else was amiss; It's been quiet ever since we arrived about a year and a half back. Darren said this place was going to be a major hotspot for the drakes, what with the good whether and disclosed area, but so far none of us has seen any action.
Main patrol done, I retreated to the turrets again, and watched the moon and the starts tilted towards the west until the light in the east erased them from the sky.

*next morning*

I yawned once as the school building came into sight, having slept not a wink once again. Adriane and Rikko walked alongside, just a few steps ahead, chatting about whatever it is they chat about. School was monotonous, but it was nessesarry for us to keep our cover. And the day-long drone of things I already knew front and backwards helped me keep my mind clear and my feelings in check; there was nothing here that would remind me of the past.
"...isn't that right Drey?" Adriane said, giving a backhand tap on my chest and grinning.
"Sure," I said automatically, my voice flat. Adriane gave me that look he often did, a glimpse of the concern he felt, and then went back to arguing with Rikko. I didn't blame him for being concerned; I'm a dangerous monster, and I understood that seeing me like this hurts him, but in order to keep myself under control, this is the way is has to be.
Back to top Go down
Fiera de Muerte
Fiera de Muerte

Male
Admin
Top Poster
Role Play Creator
Role Player
Writing Club Member

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:46 pm

OOC: Nice. It reminds me of Sora for some reason...

School. Another speedbump in life, especially in mine. But, then again, is there anything in life that isn't a speedbump? As I watch Zan and Rusty play some game they made up, I feel the presence of the fourth of our kind come up behind me.
"Skipper, don't even think about it," I growl as I whip around to face him. My third friend of the group, who had blonde hair (and fur, of course), had a bottle of water in his hands, and was in the position where he was about to dump it on me.
He straightens back up while hiding the bottle behind his back. "Don't even think about what? I wasn't gonna do anything," he said innocently with a smirk. I just smile and laugh. Although we were scavaging wolves, I knew our friendship would never be torn apart.

Last edited by Fiera De Muerte on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:06 pm

We had just crossed the courtyard when I sensed something familiar. I spun around automatically, accidently switched to alert.
The two girls that were coming up from behind screamed and jumped in fright. Adriane and Rikko paused as everyone stopped and looked to see what happened.
The girls, who had been coming up to attempt to convey their feelings (again), backed away from me, trembling.
I cleared my throat. "Um, sorry," I murmured, and walked away, disappearing among the students. But not before I caught Adriane and Rikko give eachother a look.
Back to top Go down
Fiera de Muerte
Fiera de Muerte

Male
Admin
Top Poster
Role Play Creator
Role Player
Writing Club Member

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:30 pm

OOC: Question, does Drey have his scars yet?

The four of us turn to see what had happened, but it was really nothing of interest. Two girls had tried to approach a guy with royal blue hair, but when he turned to face them, they had freaked out. I sigh.
Typical. It's too bad the girls that like me don't freak out when I look at them.
My friends just shrug and continue to chat and do whatever, but as I look at the blue-haired guy, a scent hit my nostrils. The hairs on the back of my neck began to rise as the scent became familiar. There was no mistaking it: there were dragons here.
"Seth?"
I turn to Rusty, who had felt my uneasiness and was giving me a worried look.
"Are you alright?"
I nod. "Yeah, I'm fine." I glance back at where that guy had disappeared, and shivered a little. I just hope the dragons I'm sensing don't smell my drake scent. Honestly, Cyrus, why did you have to give me a drake form? I thought bitterly.

Last edited by Fiera De Muerte on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:21 pm

OOC: yes. Drey got his scars near by a different city, though I haven't decided where. I think it's a special inter-demensional city that's both in this world and in Istel. the time we're at right now is the beginning of the summer before Kira arrives.

I bristled; there it was again!
This time i turned slowly, not drawing attention, and scanned the crowd. Where was this presence coming from?
"Dude, what's up?"
I blinked and held back a growl. I almost had it pinpointed. "Nothing," I murmured. "I just came across something last night and thought I sensed it again today."
Adriane's alarm only showed in his eyes; he was still a little better at this than I, granted he's been around human's longer. "Something to worry about?"
"No, just some scavengers. I planned on watching them further, just to be sure though."
"And you think they might be here at the school?"
"It's possible," I said. "We're here, aren't we?"
At that moment the bell wrang. I started for the main building. "You going to skip again?" I called back.
"I've got 5 more days of not having to be in classes, of course I'm skipping!" Adriane snickered, and I sighed. Same old same old.
Back to top Go down
Fiera de Muerte
Fiera de Muerte

Male
Admin
Top Poster
Role Play Creator
Role Player
Writing Club Member

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:53 pm

OOC: Lol, gotta love Adriane. Razz

Skipper punched me in the shoulder as soon as the bell rang. "See ya later!"
I nod automatically, and watch as my friends head over to the other building. I slowly stand and head off to the main building, the scent of dragon still hanging around. Better be cautious. Who knows if they're watching me or not.
I had no idea how I'd never smelled the dragons before, but I knew I had to stay clear of them for fear they might mistake me for a drake when I really wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:21 pm

There it was again, only this time I reacted better. He was following from behind, but not really following. We're were just heading the same direction. I took one swift glance behind me and pinpointed who it was.
A tall boy with black messy hair and violet-red eyes walked through the crowds, looking almost as annoyed with school as Adriane did. With jolt I realized he looked almost like that wolf, and had the same scent on him as the wolf. Could he be the same one?
Back to top Go down
Fiera de Muerte
Fiera de Muerte

Male
Admin
Top Poster
Role Play Creator
Role Player
Writing Club Member

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 2:40 pm

The uneasy feeling of someone watching me struck again, and this time I turned to see that someone actually was watching me. It was a boy, a couple inches taller than me, with royal blue hair and a total of five scars on his face. My eyes met his, and I noticed that they were unusually red.
But what scared me was that the scent of dragon was coming strongly from him.
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 3:26 pm

I held his gaze for a moment, sizing him up, and let it go, continuing on my way. I'll keep an eye on him myself, and let the others know only if nessesary.

*lunchtime*

"I wonder what the assembly is going to about?"
"I heard someone got caught with a weapon on school grounds."
"I betcha it's about those weirdoes."
"Nah, I heard we're getting a new student next year."
I sighed. The rumors never cease. Though only person I heard actually got it right; the assembly at the end of the day is about the new students that will be joining the curriculum at the end of summer break.
"Um, hi Drey," said a shy, blonde girl. Sarah. I looked up, nodded and looked back down.
She swallowed and trembled with nervousness. I sighed inwardly. Here we go again.
"U-um, I was w-wondering i-if--"
"Sarah, get away from him!" shouted another teen, and then her friend rushed over and pulled her away, whispering quietly (not knowing I can hear them), "You don't want to get involved with him! Trust me Sarah, he's not good for you." With that comment she glared at me. "You just leave Sarah alone," she warned.
Back to top Go down
Fiera de Muerte
Fiera de Muerte

Male
Admin
Top Poster
Role Play Creator
Role Player
Writing Club Member

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:58 pm

I had been watching the blue-haired guy every chance I got, making sure to still keep my distance. I watched as a girl approached him, and then she was dragged off by one of her friends.
That dragon scent coming from him has had me worried all day. I also have a feeling that he was the one watching me last night. I looked at my friends, then looked away before I met one of their gazes. I should probably do a raid alone tonight. If that dragon attacks me or something, the last thing I want is for my friends to get involved as well.
"Hello, Seth, you there?"
I blinked and turned to face Skipper, who had been waving a hand in front of my face. "What is it now?" I growled, shoving his face away from mine.
"We're just worried, Seth," Zan explained. "You've been a little spacy all day."
"Yeah, sorry. I've just been thinking..."
"About?"
I got lost in thought for a moment, then shook my head and glanced at my friend. "I think I'll do a raid alone tonight."
Rusty lifted his eyes from his food, worry evident in them. "Again? Why?"
I shrugged. "I don't know. I kind of need some time to myself, you know?"
He was about to protest, but Zan stopped him by putting a hand on little Rusty's shoulder. "Let him do so, Rusty. All of us need a break from each other sometimes." He then glanced at Skipper. "Especially him."
Skipper bolted upright a little. "Say what did I do now?"
I slapped my palm to my face. Some things would never change.
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:54 pm

I perked slightly as I heard the kid's voice; the same voice matched to the wolves from last time. That at least confirmed one thing: they're here.
And the one that had me most concerned was planning a solo tonight...this would be the perfect chance to--
"HeeeeeeeeEEEEYYYY DREY!"
Suddenly Adriane appears out of nowhere and pulled me into a headlock.
"Gaah! ADRIANE WHAT THE CRAP?!" It took nearly all my will-power not to fling him across the cafeteria as a knee-jerk reaction.
Adriane grinned kind of goofily. "Hey bro, what's with that serious expression all the time? You need to relax and just chill."
I stared at him for a moment, pausing in attempting to drag him off of me. "Adriane, are you drunk?"
"Now why would you think that?" he grinned again. I sniffed. Yup. Dragon alcohol.
I sighed. "Seriously Adriane? In school?"
"Ah, c'mon, Drey, you should have some too."
"You know what that stuff does to me, Adriane."
"No, not this stuff. The stuff YOU can have. you know, this worlds stuff. C'mon, I throw a party back at the keep, invite some girls--"
"Not interested," I said almost immediately, standing up now that I had him off my shoulders.
"Aw, why not?"
"I've got some things to do tonight." And I don't like parties. Especially the ones Adriane throws.
"Ah-! Hey, where're you going?"
"To get away from you, wear else?" I responded back, unconsciously walked past the group of kids I was sure now were some sort of creatures from our world.

Adriane watched Drey walk away, his act over, just as Rikko came up.
"Just as I thought," he said. "Something is on Drey's mind."
"What makes you say that?" Rikko asked.
"Well, for one, that's the longest conversation I had with him since he regained consciousness."
Back to top Go down
Fiera de Muerte
Fiera de Muerte

Male
Admin
Top Poster
Role Play Creator
Role Player
Writing Club Member

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:31 pm

Later on that night, my friends and I went our separate ways. I knew they could get their own food without me, even if it wouldn't be as easy. As for myself, I was worried. My whole way over to my next target, I kept a sharp eye out for that dragon, tense and ready in case of an attack.
As swift and silent as the night itself, I found my way to the store and effortlessy picked the lock open, despite the fact that I was in wolf form. However, as I began to search for something easy to grab, I turned into a human quickly as I sensed other presences within the area.
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:45 pm

That kid's presense wasn't the only reason I was going on patrol tonight. There was a gang in the city that I new had at least one member that wasn't a normal human, and they've been targeting some dangerous equipment lately. Last time they tried to catch and use a drake. I managed to erase most of there memories of the incident, but it seems one of them has remembered...and judging from their movements he was the one who organized the drake capture...and knew enough about dragon's to shoot me with an obsidian bullet.
It seemed too coincidental, though, that this abnormalty (what we call those we can't quite identify what they are) would decide to perform a solo raid the same night the likelyhood this gang to move was at it's highest.

"...seriously Butch, why are we stealing these useless stones?"
"Because they'll be worth your lives later, now just bag 'em!"
The crooks continued to place the black obsidian stones in a sack while another man raided the cash register.
Back to top Go down
Fiera de Muerte
Fiera de Muerte

Male
Admin
Top Poster
Role Play Creator
Role Player
Writing Club Member

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:56 pm

I had never thought that this night would make me bump into another gang. Sure, I'd heard of a few gangs here and there, but something about what this group was doinbg puzzled me.
Stones? What in the world could these guys be stealing stones for?
I slowly turned around to see the one named Butch, and an inhuman scent immediatley hit my sense of smell.
Something doesn't feel right. I'd better leave and go elsewhere. Holding my breath, I turned back towards the door and attempted to stealthily leave, hoping that none of them would notice me.
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:39 am

Butch's head immediately shot up. "Wait."
The others paused, listening.
"There's someone else here," Butch said, and then pointed at three of his guys. "You, you, and you, go over there and bring me whoever's hiding, now."
The three men sprang into action, stalking over with a gun, a knife and a club, ready to attack whatever might attack them, and came around to where Seth was.
Back to top Go down
Fiera de Muerte
Fiera de Muerte

Male
Admin
Top Poster
Role Play Creator
Role Player
Writing Club Member

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:11 am

I had stopped right as Butch had told them to wait, but apparently it did no good. As I sensed the guys come towards me, I debated on what to do.
I could easily turn into a wolf and escape, even if they're armed, but there's also a risk of them finding out what I am, which is the last thing I need. Best thing to do is just keep it cool and do as they say... for now.
I whipped around to face the three men, holding back a growl in my throat. I glanced them over and, just as I suspected, they were armed. I walked slowly into their view and smirked, holding my hands up as if in defeat.
"Hey, boys, nice night for a raid, don't you think?"
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:57 pm

The men glanced at eachother in confusion; they've never had someone respond like that before.
"Hey boss, there's definitely someone here!" one of them called back.
"Well, what are you waiting for?! Bring him over here, now!"
He looked back at Seth, threatening with his knife. "Alright kid, come quietly and we won't have to hurt you."
Back to top Go down
Fiera de Muerte
Fiera de Muerte

Male
Admin
Top Poster
Role Play Creator
Role Player
Writing Club Member

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:10 pm

I just lightly shrugged and followed them, keeping my eyes on Butch until I was face-to-face with him.
"So, I'm assuming you're Butch?" I asked calmly.
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:28 pm

Butch turned his head to the side and crossed his arms. "You're awful young to be raiding on our turf," he said, looking Seth up and down calmly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sideways Before Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideways Before   Sideways Before Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sideways Before
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Shapeshifters Forums :: Fun and Art :: RP's-
Jump to: